Sunday, December 14, 2008

Never ask McDonald's if their milkshakes are Gluten Free :)

Because they will look at you and say, "I don't know man. I'd say they weren't. I'll go check for you." Meanwhile, a young lady who works there would say, "I know it's gluten free because I give it to my daughter all of the time and she doesn't throw it up." Then you would say, "Oh does she have the disease?" And she would say, "Yes, I forgot what it was called but she had to have her esophagus checked and everything. She had to have a big ol' biopsy. Trust me, the milkshakes are gluten free." Then a young man who worked there would argue with her telling her that they aren't gluten free because there is sugar in the milkshakes. She would say, "It's not in sugar, gluten is its own thing." By this time you would be pretty uncomfortable. Then the man who was checking would come back and tell you that it is hydrolyzed, pasteurized, multiplied and divided. How about you just avoid that whole situation. :) If your child can have milkshakes, and doesn't have a casein sensitivity make your own milkshake.
Chocolate Milkshakes
4 scoops Edy's vanilla ice cream or Edy's frozen yogurt
3/4 cup cold milk
1/4 cup Hershey's chocolate syrup
Directions
Place ice cream, milk, and chocolate syrup.. Blend until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment